Methamphetamine Addiction Treatment with the ACC of Pittsburgh
At the Addiction Control Centers of Pittsburgh, we know that meth addiction is neurological, and that methamphetamines are habit-forming substances. So, similar to our other addiction treatment programs, our treatment for overcoming meth addiction also offers medical care along with additional forms of treatment, for full recovery. Our medically-based program for meth addiction also includes a psychological portion of treatment, such as individual and group counseling, to fully achieve an outcome of true success that lasts.
- 10-day In-Patient Program
- Identification and Elimination of Contributing Factors
- Relapse Prevention
- Educational Meetings (sessions & lectures)
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Two 48-hour, In-Patient Follow-Ups (overnight stay included; at 1st & 3rd month post-discharge)
Safe & Effective Methamphetamine Addiction Treatment in Pittsburgh, PA
You can overcome addiction! Through constant monitoring by a well-trained medical staff, as well as treatment that softens the impact of withdrawal symptoms, we ensure a safe detoxification process. Using a proven and perfected combination of behavior techniques, counter-conditioning, and medical attention, our treatment for overcoming methamphetamine addiction is safe, effective, and long lasting.
- Behavior Modification Techniques may include chemical counter conditioning (emetic, or nausea based) or electrical (faradic) counter conditioning.
- Cognitive Behavioral Techniques are applied to assist in the development of an aversion and to correct self-defeating thoughts and feelings. Through years of developing treatment methods, research has demonstrated that counter conditioning combined with standard treatment procedures creates effective results.
- Counter Conditioning (Aversion Therapy) retrains the memory to regard the drug with displeasure or apathy. By alleviating or even eliminating cravings for alcohol, our patients can more effectively begin recovery. Counter conditioning significantly reduces the craving for drugs or alcohol in just 10 days of treatment.
Meth, the Brain, & Why You’re Addicted
Meth use releases the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain area associated with pleasure receptors, producing a powerful “high.” Over time, the brain responds to meth use by reducing the number of dopamine receptors in the brain, increasing the amount and frequency of use needed. A “crash” results when the effects of meth dissipates, causing the addict to seek more (creating a cycle of addiction to meth). Our meth addiction treatment program at the ACC of Pittsburgh addresses the physical causes of meth dependence in order to eliminate, neutralize, and extinguish drug cravings, in only 10 days.
Conquer Addiction with Help from the ACC of Pittsburgh!
At the Addiction Control Centers of Pittsburgh, we address both the physiological and psychological components of addiction. Our goal is to help patients re-build a life where they feel neither the need nor craving for alcohol or any other chemical substances. Call us today at (724) 728-7881 for more information on our successful addiction treatment programs and counseling, or to schedule a consultation. You can also send an email to our understanding professionals, at PittsburghACC@gmail.com, or visit on of our two convenient locations near the city. Don’t let a healthier you wait any longer; contact the ACC of Pittsburgh now!